The Elon Recreation and Parks Team has developed a plan to safely reopen both Beth Schmidt and Lawrence Slade Parks to the public. However, we need your cooperation to make sure they can remain open. The following requirements have been put in place for everyone’s safety and we ask that you follow them when in the parks.
Both parks and the facilities located in the parks are being held to the Town of Elon mass gathering limits of 10 people indoors and 25 people outdoors. Please use the facilities cautiously and at your own risk.
- The playgrounds will be open to 25 individuals at any one time. Playgrounds will close at 5pm daily.
- The Heritage Community Center is available for rental with the limitation of 10 people per event inside.
- Picnic Pavilion is limited to 25 people total.
- The Basketball Court at Lawrence Slade Park is open to 25 people at any one time.
- K-9 Corner is open to 25 humans at any one time.
- Trails, walking paths, and open spaces remain open and available to visitors.
Hand washing stations are available in both parks. Bathrooms are regularly cleaned.
Face masks are required for everyone 5 years of age and above. If you refuse to wear a face mask, you may be asked to leave the premises. Failure to leave can result in a request to the Elon Police Department to remove you for trespassing.
During the week, if you have a concern regarding the parks, please contact the Elon Recreation and Parks staff at 336.449.9620. During the weekends, please contact the Elon Police Department at 336.584.1301.