Hazardous Waste Collection Event
October 19 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Alamance County Landfill and Town of Elon will be sponsoring a Household Hazardous Waste Collection day, October 19, 2019 from 8am-12pm, located at Holly Hill Mall and Business Center in the rear parking lot adjacent to Dunham’s Sport. The entrance will be on International Drive which is at the back of the mall. RAIN OR SHINE:
Household Generated Waste Only – NO Commercial/Business Waste Accepted PLEASE.
Types of hazardous waste accepted:
• Latex & oil-based paint and spray paint
• Household cleaners, drain openers, toilet bowl cleaners, oven cleaners, disinfectants
• Solvents, thinners, shellacs, varnishes, sealers, wood preservatives
• Automotive products including brake fluid, antifreeze, used motor oil (up to 5-gal per resident), filters, gasoline
• Pesticides & insecticides including poisons, aerosols, weed killers
• Miscellaneous materials such as acids, bases, kerosene, batteries, photographic chemicals, pool chemicals, mercury, fluorescent tubes
• Camp and grill size propane cylinders only
Household material NOT accepted:
• Gas Cylinders (except camp and grill size propane cylinders)
• Explosives / Ammunition
• Medical Waste
• Electronics / TVs / Computers**
• Radioactives / Smoke Detectors
This free event is sponsored by the Alamance County Landfill and the Town of Elon. Co-sponsors are Cooperative Extension Service and NC Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services Pesticide Disposal Assistance Program. For further information, please call (336) 376-8902.
** To recycle electronics or e-waste, please visit https://www.alamance-nc.com/landfill/recyclingsolid-waste/electronics-recycling/ for more information.