Event being held at Holly Hill Mall, 309 Huffman Mill Rd, Burlington, NC (Outside, adjacent to Dunham’s Sports). This event is for residents of Alamance County only. For additional information, please contact the Alamance County Landfill at 336.376.8902 or Elon Public Works at 336.584.9600. Event is hosted by the Alamance County Landfill, Town of Elon, and the NC Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services.
Types of hazardous waste that will be accepted:
- Household cleaners, drain openers, toilet bowl cleaners, oven cleaners, disinfectants
- Solvents, thinners, shellacs, varnishes, sealers, wood preservatives
- Automotive products including brake fluid, antifreeze, used motor oil up to 5 gal, filters, gasoline
- Pesticides & insecticides including poisons, aerosols, weed killers
- Miscellaneous materials such as acids, bases, kerosene, batteries, photographic chemicals, pool chemicals, mercury, fluorescent tubes, CFLs
- Latex & oil based paint and spray paint
- Propane Cylinders (Grill and camp size ONLY)
Household material that will NOT be accepted:
- Explosives / Ammunition
- Electronics / TVs / Computers
- Radioactives / Smoke Detectors
- Medical Waste
NO Business/Commercial waste will be accepted!