Contact Us

Administration 336.584.3601 – Contact them regarding general inquiries about the Town of Elon, to volunteer for Elon Boards & Commissions, to reach the Town Manager, or to reach the Town Clerk.

Water/Utility Billing 336.584.0282 – Contact them to turn water service on or off, questions about your water/sewer bill, to arrange payment of your bill, or to request an additional trash container.

Recreation & Parks Department 336.449.9255 – Contact them about facility rentals and recreation & park programs and events.

Code Enforcement  336.805.5880 – Contact them with questions about notices of violation received, complaints regarding overgrown lots, rubbish, trash or junk piles, odor from animal or vegetable matter, abandoned white goods, abandoned vehicles, junked vehicles, minimum housing issues, dangerous or vacant buildings, a non-permitted structure, garbage cans left at the curb, and an excessive amount of brush.

Planning & Zoning Department 336.584.2859 – Contact them about major and minor development projects, zoning questions, land use questions, building permits, and code enforcement.

Downtown Development Department 336.586.1009 – Contact them with questions about Main Street Community activities, downtown events and programs, & to volunteer for one of the four project committees.

Tax Collector 336.584.4828 – Contact them with questions about your property tax bill, tax certifications, and all other property tax related questions.

Public Works Department 336.584.9600 – Contact them to request pick up of yard waste, if there is a water leak on your street, if there is a large pothole on your street, to request an additional trash container, or emergency maintenance requests.

Police Department If this is an emergency, call 911. Non emergency: 336.584.1301 – Contact them in a non emergency capacity for home checks while away on vacation, speaker requests, report a minor incident, or questions regarding the Elon Police Department.

Fire Department If this is an emergency, call 911. Non Emergency: 336.584.9190 – Contact them in a non emergency capacity for fire safety education information, visits to your school,  to become a volunteer firefighter, to join Explorer Post 4008, or to order a reflective address sign for your home or business.

Communications 336.586.1009 – Contact them with questions about the website, the Town newsletter, social media sites, and Elon Connect.


Emergency-Contacts_graphic-1-915x505Contact Emergency Services

In the case of an emergency, please CALL 911.

This includes water emergencies occurring after hours. Do NOT send a message through the website or social media.

Fire Department

Emergency: 911

Police Department
Emergency: 911