- This event has passed.
Household Hazardous Waste Event
October 16 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Household Generated Waste Only – NO Commercial/Business Waste Accepted
Types of hazardous waste accepted:
• Latex & oil based paint and spray paint
• Household cleaners, drain openers, toilet bowl cleaners, oven cleaners, disinfectants
• Solvents, thinners, shellacs, varnishes, sealers, wood preservatives
• Automotive products including brake fluid, antifreeze, used motor oil (up to 5-gal per resident), filters, gasoline
• Pesticides & insecticides including poisons, aerosols, weed killers
• Miscellaneous materials such as acids, bases, kerosene, batteries, photographic chemicals, pool chemicals, mercury, fluorescent tubes
• Camp and grill size propane cylinders only
Household material NOT accepted:
• Gas Cylinders (except camp and grill size propane cylinders)
• Explosives / Ammunition
• Medical Waste
• Electronics / TVs / Computers
• Radioactives / Smoke Detectors
Free event is sponsored by the Alamance County Landfill. Co-sponsors are Cooperative Extension Service and NC Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services Pesticide Disposal Assistance Program.
For further information, please call (336) 376-0411.