In an effort to make the Town of Elon’s public facilities accessible to all, the Town is engaged in developing an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Self Assessment and Transition Plan for the town’s public facilities. The ADA Self Assessment and Transition Plan for public facilities demonstrates the Town of Elon’s commitment to providing equal access to all of its public programs, services, facilities, and activities for citizens with disabilities.
The Plan is intended to identify physical obstacles that limit the accessibility of facilities to individuals with disabilities, describe the methods to be used to make the facilities accessible, provide a schedule for making modifications to better provide access, and identify the public officials responsible for implementation of the Transition Plan.
- September 2020 – Kick off meeting
- October 2020 – July 2021 – Evaluation and assessment of Town owned programs and facilities
- November 2020 – Public input survey launched
- August 2, 2021 – Public meeting presentation
- August 16, 2021 – ADA plan survey completed
- November 9, 2021 – Board of Aldermen adopted the Town of Elon ADA Transition Plan