New Fire Chief Landon Massey joins the team
Landon has spent the last 16 years with the EM Holt Fire Department. He was Deputy Chief of Operations and Training. His experience working with a largely volunteer force is an asset to Elon. Chief Massey is also a long-time fire instructor for Alamance Community College.
The dedicated, trained personnel of the Elon Fire Department strive to provide excellent, innovative, and professional fire protection, life safety, and public education to meet the needs of our diverse community.
A Few Serving Many
It is our goal to provide the citizens of Elon, visitors, students, and residents throughout our district with helpful information regarding the department, emergency preparedness, and fire safety. Elon Fire Department provides fire protection, emergency medical response and public service assistance.
The Elon Fire Department is a combination department consisting of full and part-time employees and volunteers. Our team operates out of two fire stations and responds to an average of 1,900 calls annually. Our primary fire district covers approximately 11 square miles and we provide mutual aid assistance to other fire departments throughout Alamance County.
The Elon Fire Department is very proud of our Insurance Service Office (ISO) Public Protection Classification rating of 3. This rating is given to us by the North Carolina Office of the State Fire Marshal, who conducts an evaluation of the fire department and rates our performance, training, emergency responses, equipment, stations, and other areas of emergency services with a number from 10 down to 1, with 1 being the best. This rating helps both our business owners and residents of the Town of Elon with discounted insurance premiums.
The Eno-Haw Hazard Mitigation Plan has been completed. The plan can be downloaded from the links below.
- Eno-Haw Hazard Mitigation Plan -Introduction
- Eno-Haw Hazard Mitigation Plan Section 2 Planning Process
- Eno-Haw Hazard Mitigation Plan Section 3 Plan Area Profile
- Eno-Haw Hazard Mitigation Plan Section 4 Risk Assessment
- Eno-Haw Hazard Mitigation Plan Section 5 Capability Assessment
- Eno-Haw Hazard Mitigation Plan Section 6 Mitigation Strategy
- Eno-Haw Hazard Mitigation Plan Section 8 Plan Maintenance
- Eno-Haw Hazard Mitigation Plan Section 9 Plan Adoption
- Eno-Haw Hazard Mitigation Plan Annex A – Alamance County
- Eno-Haw Hazard Mitigation Plan Annex E – Town of Elon