The Mayor and Board of Aldermen developed a strategic plan for the Town, which was adopted on May 10, 2017.
The Town of Elon builds upon its strong foundation by continuing to ensure a vibrant and progressive community for all residents.
Our mission is to support a vibrant and connected community life by investing and enabling a high quality of life for all residents.
Goals and Strategic Objectives
- Livable, Connected, and well-maintained neighborhoods
- Support thriving, diverse, and sustainable neighborhoods where residents are connected, engaged, active, and healthy.
- Sound Stewardship and Sustainable Services
- Promote and ensure quality governance, stewardship of public resources, and sustainability of services.
- Economic Development
- Ensure there are areas throughout the community where people and businesses make Elon their choice place to live, work, and play.
- Community Partnerships and Engagement
- Maintain ongoing, positive, and productive partnerships that acknowledge our interconnectedness and our shared responsibility for the future success of our community.
- Clean and Green Community
- The Town organization will strive to be a leader in promoting environmentally friendly policies and practices.
- Plan for Growth and Open Space
- Ensure adequate plans are in place to support existing and future development.
- Getting Around Town
- Promote wellness, active living, and multi-modal transportation opportunities throughout the Elon Community.