The Mayor and Board of Aldermen developed a strategic plan for the Town, which was adopted on May 10, 2017 and updated February 2020.
The Town of Elon builds upon its strong foundation by continuing to ensure a vibrant and progressive community for all residents.
Our mission is to support a vibrant and connected community life by investing and enabling a high quality of life for all residents.
Goals and Strategic Objectives
- In partnership with our residents, neighborhoods, and businesses, our goal is to maintain the existing safe environment of Elon and commit to the ongoing improvement of the skills, training, and equipment of all of our first responders.
Livable, Connected, and Well-Maintained Neighborhoods
- Support thriving, diverse, and sustainable neighborhoods where residents are connected, engaged, active, and healthy.
Sound Stewardship and Sustainable Services
- Promote and ensure quality governance, stewardship of public resources, and sustainability of services.
- Ensure there are areas throughout the community where people and businesses make Elon their choice place to live, work, and play.
Community Partnerships and Engagement
- Maintain ongoing, positive, and productive partnerships that acknowledge our interconnectedness and our shared responsibility for the future success of our community.
Clean and Green Community
- The Town organization will strive to be a leader in promoting environmentally friendly policies and practices.
Plan for Growth and Open Space
- Ensure adequate plans are in place to support existing and future development.
Getting Around Town
- Promote well-being, active living, and multi-modal transportation opportunities throughout the Elon Community.