The strategic plan is being undertaken to guide the department forward as they work towards being the best police department in Alamance County and the State of North Carolina.
The Elon Police Department launched a community survey to begin their strategic planning initiative on August 11 and will take feedback through September 20. The survey was designed by members of the Elon Police Department in collaboration with the National Criminal Justice Association (www.ncja.org) and aims to gather information directly from the people the department serves.
Timeline for the project:
- Community Survey – August 11 – September 27 – gathering information from the community regarding what we do well and where we need improvement.
- Officer Survey – will gather feedback from the Elon Police officers on the Department’s initiatives, training requirements, policies, and more.
- Analysis of Data – The National Criminal Justice Association will analyze the survey data and provide the Department with an in-depth breakdown of the results.
- Elon Police Department Internal Committee – this committee will be formed utilizing officers from all divisions and from all ranks with the police department. Their mission will be to take the data and develop a vision statement, a mission statement, and goals for the Elon Police Department.
- Strategic Plan publication – After successfully accomplishing the above objectives, the Strategic Plan will be made available to the public.