As 2020 comes to a close, the NC Department of Health and Human Services has provided guidance to protect yourself, your family members, and friends during the winter holidays.
- Follow the Three W’s – Wear a face covering, Wait 6 feet apart, Wash your hands often
- Avoid holiday travel and limit physical contact with people who do not live with you.
- Get tested for COVID-19 three to four days before traveling or attending gatherings.
- Live together then sit together. Otherwise, stay six feet apart.
- Do not host or attend a gathering if you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms.
- Use single-serve options or have one person serve food so that multiple people are not handling items.
- Guests who are high risk for complications from COVID-19 should attend events virtually.
- Clean and disinfect commonly-touched surfaces such as door handles and sink faucets.
- Keep the guest list small.
- Host your gathering outdoors. If that’s not possible, make sure the room is well-ventilated by opening windows and doors.
Click to download a copy of the NCDHHS winter holiday guidance.
For more information about COVID-19, please click here.