Related Content
Billing for Services

Currently, the Water and Sewer services are billed bi-monthly, and are due in full by the due date. If payment is not made by the 30th day of the month a late fee of $5.00 will be added to the bill. If a bill is not paid within 10 days after the 30th of the month, a $20.00 fee will be charged and water service may be disconnected. On October 1, 2021, we will shift to a monthly billing schedule. For additional information on the change, please see our Monthly Water Billing Information sheet.

Payments may be made in person at the Municipal Building during normal business hours,  by mail, by bank draft, or online. Please submit a Bank Draft Authorization Form to allow for a bank draft by mail or in person.  No payments are accepted over the phone. A payment drop box is located just outside the front entrance to the Municipal Building at 104 South Williamson Avenue. Payments placed in the drop box after 5 p.m. will be considered next-day payments. Click here to pay your bill online.

Mail remittance and payment stub to:
Town of Elon
P.O. Box 595
Elon, NC 27244-0595

Failure to receive bill in the mail does not excuse responsibility for timely payment or prevent service disconnection. The Town of Elon is not responsible for failure of the U.S. Postal Service to deliver bills.  There will be a return check fee charged for all returned checks.

Application for Water and Sewer Services

An application for water and/or sewer service must be completed and submitted to the Deborah Morrison.  Applications are available at Elon Municipal Building or click here Water Turn On Service Application.

To discontinue water/sewer service, please submit a Water Turn Off Application.

Applications can be emailed to or submitted in person at the Municipal Building located at 104 S Williamson Ave.

All renters are required to pay a $125.00 deposit for water/sewer service.

State and local laws prohibit tampering with service.

For any water and sewer emergency during normal business hours (8am – 5pm), please call Deborah Morrison at 336.584.0282 or Public Works 336. 584.9600. After-hours or on weekends, please dial 911.